The content of this course is directed at (appropriately licensed and/or trained) health care workers and clinical support staff.
It represents current information about the provision of general clinical care. It is not intended to replace, and should not be construed as, clinical advice. Any concerns regarding a diagnosis or treatment should be directed to a medical practitioner.
Every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy and reliability of course content, however, health care workers undertaking the any of the RUCN-CDP programs should be aware of the following:
- Content is based on current clinical knowledge and practice as at the date of last module revision.
- Information within the learning module and content have been compiled to complement each other and should not be taken in isolation.
- Content has been prepared having regard to general circumstances and is educational in nature. It is not designed to replace a health care workers’ independent judgement about the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given patient.
- Indications and contraindications of any process or procedure are presented as a guideline and should never replace local scope of practice provisions, protocols, guidelines or standard operating procedures.
- We do not accept any liability for any damages arising out of any use or reliance on any content.
The program does not represent a formal credentialing process for the performance of any skills or procedures in clinical practice. Credentialing remains the responsibility of the individual and/or organisation(s) whom the individual represents.