What can this program offer nurses working in Urgent Care Centres?
The program will provide a “one stop shop” for resources, professional development activities, linkages and support to nurses working in Victorian Urgent Care Centres.
The program will be relevant to nurses with all levels of experience from any clinical specialty. The program can be tailored individually to every nurse who participates, with the ongoing support of a Clinical Nurse Educator – usually based in your health service region.
The professional development resources will be contextualised in the UCC setting. They are being developed with respect to the varying models of care and are being created in collaboration with nurses working in UCCs, for nurses working in UCCs.
Why would I participate in this program?
Here is a very long list of reasons!
- You should feel better prepared and more confident for your UCC shifts.
- You can tailor this program to your preferences, your schedule and your own professional development goals.
- The program does not require substantial release from your clinical roster or personal commitments.
- The program does not require travel to metropolitan Melbourne.
- The program is unique because it is has been specifically created to address the priorities and realities of nurses working in Victorian UCCs.
- You will be personally supported by program staff who will be easily accessible to you via phone and email.
- You will have multiple opportunities to expand your professional networks across your region and the state.
- Your participation will not be assessed – the program purpose is to support you to feel confident and resourced on your UCC shifts.
- If you opt to do a clinical placement or attend a workshop, you and your Health Service will receive wage and travel funding from the program to enable you to attend.
We would love to hear from nurses working in Urgent Care Centres across Victoria.
Express your interest to:
- Contribute to the development of the program
- Participate in the Program from min-July 2020
By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alfred Health Emergency has been tasked with coordinating this project; however, this is a system and state-wide initiative. Alfred’s role will be to administer and support the resourcing of the program and to aggregate the incredible resources, skills and experience of clinicians across the state of Victoria.