Conor is the Professor of Emergency Medicine, University College Cork and Clinical Director, Unscheduled Care working at Cork University Hospital (CUH). He has recently been elected President of the Irish Association for Emergency Medicine. He also holds the following roles:
- Clinical Lead for the South Trauma Network
- Clinical Lead for National Office of Clinical Audit’s (NOCA) Major Trauma Audit in Ireland
- Examiner for the Royal College of Emergency Medicine
- Associate Adjunct Professor at the School of Primary Care, Monash University, Australia.
- Deputy Medical Director of the National Ambulance Service from 2014 – 2020
Conor completed his higher specialist training program in Emergency Medicine in Ireland before moving to Australia where he worked as a Consultant in Emergency Medicine at the Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre, Melbourne. While there he completed a PhD at the Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University in collaboration with Ambulance Victoria. To date Conor has published across the domains of patient safety, quality of care, systems of care, procedural sedation, trauma care as well as out of hospital cardiac arrest.