- Director, Emergency Medicine Research, Alfred Health
- Consultant Emergency Physician, Alfred Health
- Professor, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
Professor Dev Mitra is a Consultant Emergency Physician and director of Emergency Medicine research at Alfred Health. Following completion of his Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery from the University of Melbourne, he completed a Masters in Health Services Management (Monash University) and PhD on acute traumatic coagulopathy (Monash University). Prof. Mitra is a member of the Clinical and Consumer Reference Group for The National Blood Authority, Australia and a member of the Australian Red Cross Lifeblood advisory committee. .
Professor Mitra has extensive experience in clinical research projects, with a focus on acute trauma resuscitation using blood and blood products. Professor Mitra is extensively involved in multicentre, international collaborative research projects with key focus areas of:
- Innovative management of patients at risk of acute traumatic coagulopathy
- Alcohol and other drug use among injured patients
- Evaluation for concussion, including identification of novel biomarkers
Professor Mitra is widely published with over 300 publications, is a Section Editor for Emergency Medicine Australasia, Trauma (Sage), Plos One and a member of the International editorial board for Injury. He is ranked in the top 0.016% of published authors worldwide on the topic of Emergencies (expertscape.com).