The purpose of this policy is to explain how Alfred Emergency Education complies with Australian privacy requirements. This policy may be updated from time to time.
Compliance with Australian Privacy Requirements
The Alfred Emergency Education system for complying with Australian privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information
- our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services, and
- our people and the training and education we undertake.
Collecting your Personal Information
Alfred Emergency Education provides medical education and training to students and clinicians including hand-on skills training, conferences, postgraduate education and continuing professional development seminars and workshops, and related information and assistance.
When you participate in our programs and courses, we may therefore collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, and other information about you such as your educational qualifications, CPD points or credit card details. Where we do not have your personal information, we may not be able to contact you, enrol you in one of our programs or deal with your requests.
We collect this information from you when we ask you for it and you provide it (including when you contact us, enrol in one of our programs or use our website or related apps, social media or digital services), and from others on your behalf authorised by you.
Like many organisations, we use technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our legal education and training programs to better suit our customers and potential customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.
Using Your Personal Information
Generally, we use your personal information for our activities and operations, and in our efforts to expand and improve our activities and operations. Examples include:
- to respond to and process your requests such as for information about our clinical education and training programs, or to enrol you in one of our programs;
- to administer and manage our clinical education and training programs and courses, including recording details of progress of a student through a course and results achieved, calculating CPD points, and providing information to higher education regulatory bodies or clinical colleges;
- to confirm your identify, such as when you contact us with an enquiry;
- to notify you of any changes to our programs and courses;
- to provide you with marketing communications and invitations and offers for clinical education and training programs including new courses and programs that we have not offered before but believe may be of interest to you (always giving you a way to opt out of further offers if you prefer) and to assist in developing new courses;
- to operate programs and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers;
- for a business or professional relationship, we may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- to conduct market research about our clinical education and training programs;
- to amend records to remove personal information;
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information.
Storing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We use various systems and services to safeguard the personal information we store, as part of our business systems and processes.
In using your personal information, we may pass on your personal information:
- to others, like our agents, contractors and service providers, who help us to provide services to you;
- to higher education regulatory bodies and clinical College’s;
- in other ways that come up in our business from time to time.
We do our best to keep our records of your personal information up to date and accurate and not to keep personal information that is no longer needed.
We also share with others and disclose information from which personal information has been removed so that no privacy is affected.
We sometimes have to pass on personal information for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances.
You may wish to contact us to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. Our privacy email contact address is firstname.lastname@example.org and further contact details for the Alfred Emergency Education are set out below.
Alfred Emergency Education
Level, 3 553 St Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
Phone: +61 3 9903 0666
We will respond as soon as we reasonably can including, in the case of access and correction requests, if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold or use the information).
For complaints about privacy, we will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.