Education for the 2020's
Alfred Health Emergency is honoured to host an event designed in collaboration with Professor Victoria Brazil: Australian emergency physician and global thought-leader in clinical education.
This workshop invites clinical leaders and educators to examine and rethink the way they consider education and technology in the healthcare setting; with the overarching objective of building better system performance in healthcare.
📅 Friday 23 July 2021
Registrations for this program will open soon! To be advised when they do, click on the ‘Register’ button, submit your details and we will be in contact.
This one-day workshop is designed for clinicians (doctors, nurses, pharmacists and allied health) with responsibility or passion for education and system performance in the Critical Care environment, with particular focus on the Emergency Department setting.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Broadly explore the use of technology in education and how it can be used to transform teams and systems.
- Discuss the importance, functions and formats of modern communities of practice.
- Understand the importance of performance art for educators and gain practical presenting skills (digital and in-space settings).
- Explore the concept and application of translational simulation.
- Discover a showcase of successful projects in the application of technology in clinical education.
- Acquire practical skills and tools to enhance their practice as clinicians and educators.
EDUCATION FOR THE 2020’s
This is a provisions program, subject to change.
0800-0830 Arrival and registration
0845-0945 Transforming teams and systems
0945-1015 Myths and mistakes – reasons to NOT do simulation in your education program
1015-1030 Showcase – Success in Simulation
1030-1045 Morning tea
1045-1215 Monash University education technology
1215-1230 Showcase – Success in Education Tech
1400-1500 Performance art for educators
1500-1515 Showcase – Success in Technology
1515-1600 Podcasting for the education and simulation community
1600-1630 Q&A & Close
Education for the 2020’s
AUD $495.00 +GST
Nursing / Allied Health
AUD $295.00 +GST
Substitution: If, after booking an event you are unable to attend, you are welcome to nominate someone else to attend in your place. Please advise substitutions via email so a correct name tag will be available at the registration desk. CPD hours will be allocated to the substitute delegate.
- Cancellation more than 30 days before the event: 70% refund.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the event: no refund, cancellation must be in writing.
Please note, when you register, you will be agreeing to the following:
- Unfortunately, in very rare cases due to clinical demand or other unforeseen, unavoidable reason, courses may need to be cancelled. In this instance registrants will be advised urgently and will receive a full refund for registration fees.
- The content of this course is directed at (appropriately licensed and trained) medical/nursing It represents current information about the provision of emergency care. It is not intended to replace, and should not be construed as, medical advice. Any concerns regarding a medical diagnosis or treatment should be directed to a medical practitioner.
- Due to the corona virus pandemic, course dates and conditions of participation for courses within-person attendance are subject to change based on government advice. This includes (but is not limited to) attendance by those with symptoms of COVID-19, awaiting COVID-19 test results, furloughed from work due to COVID-19, or having travelled overseas or in Australian government identified COVID-19 Hot Spot areas within the last 14 days. If you fit, or are concerned about any of these criterias near your course date, we kindly request you cancel your registration to ensure safety for all. Cancelled registrations can be transferred to an alternative course or held in credit and used any time in the next 24 months. Please be advised that all participants will be required to complete an electronic attestation regarding COVID-19 on arrival at each course date.
Telephone: 03 9903 0803
Email: etc [@] alfred.org.au